Hi there!, I'm Mario
I'm a web developer, speaker and an active Open Source contributor from Mexico.
As a self-taught person I really enjoy learning new stuff. I have spent some time recently getting to know about Docker, CI/CD and trying Heroku.
An active Mozilla contributor since 2011. I was part of the Firefox OS launch team for Mexico [2013 - 2015]. Contributed to the localization of Firefox into Spanish [2012 - 2013]. Been promoting Rust across Latin America.
Also had the opportunity to join Mozilla Open Leaders as mentor and facilitator from 2018 to 2019.
I am a speaker with over a decade of experience, with a passion for teaching. Have attended tech and innovation events in Latin America and Europe.
And as a way to document my learning process and share my experience with others, sometimes I write at dev.to
I've been a tech speaker for over a decade. I have attended more than one hundred events in Latin America and Europe, to speak (in both Spanish and English) on Software Development, DevOps, Open Source, Community Building, Privacy & Security and Education.
Previous Speaking Experience
- Campus Party Mexico (June 2014) - Conversation Panel "10 years of Firefox"
- PyCon Colombia (February 2017) - Web Development with Python and Flask (Workshop)
- Campus Party Mexico (July 2017) - Creation of Telegram bots with Python (Workshop)
- Congress of Technology - Huehuetenango, Guatemala (August 2017) - Introduction to Rust
- Civic Innovation Lab - Argentina (October 2018) - Conversation Panel "Internet for Open Innovation"
- Open Source Software Contributors Summit - Guadalajara, Mexico (September 2019) - [Slides] [Recording]
- GitLab Commit London (October 2019) - [Slides] [Recording] [Blog post]